Friday, March 15, 2013

I got crafty!

Hey there pals! Happy Friday! This week has seemed a bit on the long side. I'm looking forward to a night of Duck Dynasty and frozen pizza. Yeah, I know how to live ; )
 
I'm really excited to show you something today! I got crafty and wanted to make something special for our new house. We move at the end of the month! I have seen this idea around Pinterest and decided to give it a go. I adore the way it turned out.
 I got the frame at Michael's for $6.99 and the yellow poster board for .49 cents. I had the spray paint lying around. I thought about spray painting the frame black, but decided against it.
I printed out the pictures of the states from the computer on plain computer paper. I drew the little hearts on myself with a pink gel pen.
 
I will hot glue the yellow poster to the back of the frame, but super glue would work too. I used a simple glue stick to add the states to the poster. I decided to write "follow your heart, " but you could use song lyrics or a quote about family if you wanted!
I then added the finishing touch, the flower! I had some fake flowers that I used to decorate my office and took one for the corner of the frame. Wa lah! The whole project was inexpensive and took little time. It's unique and sentimental. It tells my family's story!

If anybody out there wants me to make one for you and your family, let me know! I'd be willing to do it for a $28 charge! That would cover the materials, shipping, and my valuable time ; ) I can do any states or countries.

 Let me help you tell your family story!
Float on...

2 comments:

  1. I love this my friend!! Its soo perfect for your new home & anyone would be lucky to have you make them one!! Have a nice, quite, relaxing weekend filled with lots of play time & cuddles with Miss Charleigh:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will look great in your new place!!! Look out Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete