Sunday, June 30, 2013

The magic that is Float On...

Instead of sleeping in this morning I decided to head to the gym. As I was on my way I saw those blue and red flashing lights behind me. Crap. The officer came to my window and asked for my license and registration. He asked if I was in a hurry this morning? I was going 57 in a 40. I said no and apologized, knowing it would do no good. I've never been someone with the ability to talk myself out of a ticket. I've never been someone who gets off with just a warning. Plus, not only was I speeding, but I had left the house in such a tired hurry, (as not to wake up Charleigh) I left my bag with my wallet and ID at home. (I know, I know. I'm a jackass) 

So I'm sitting there on the side of the road waiting for the multiple tickets that are sure to come, and "Float On," by Modest Mouse comes on the radio. What are the chances? (The song obviously has a special place in my heart) After 5-10 minutes the officer comes back and gives me the first warning of my driving career and basically tells me to slow it down. Thank you officer. Lesson learned. Float On did it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment