Monday, November 17, 2014

What a weekend!

What a weekend! Mom and Rod’s surprise trip to Baltimore was just so… surprising! Greg and I got to go out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary date. We ate Mexican food and saw Gone Girl. The movie was similar to the book, surprises at every turn. I really loved the unpredictability of the book/movie. It was nice to have our own time.

Saturday, Charleigh stayed and played with Mema and Grandpa while Greg and I went to my football game. It was very cold here and we figured it would be best for Ms. Char to stay warm inside. We won our playoff game that morning and got to play in the championship game that afternoon! We WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! We will be featured on the league’s website and will get to go to a “champions” party! Sweet!

After a day of football, mom and Rod took us to Little Italy! We had some delicious pasta and salad. The thing that I love most about Little Italy, besides the food, is that all of the restaurants are very family friendly. The servers come over to talk to Charleigh and make sure her dinner comes out quickly. It’s thoughtful. We then went home and got one very tired girl put to bed and played some cards. We always play Spades when we are together. Mom and Rod kicked our butts. Don’t tell them, but we were just being polite letting our guests win…

My mom let me in on the family secret and taught me how to make her famous mashed potatoes! Turns out there really is no secret, you just have to be patient and take your time. Who knew?!

I’m thankful to have a loving and supporting mom. I’m thankful she married a man who will drive her 8 hours on a whim to see her family. Selflessness is a wonderful trait. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
Float on...

No comments:

Post a Comment