Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#beblessedlovelies

Hi. I'm hearing crickets as I type. I don't think anyone still checks in around here and why would you? I've been off living life. I haven't even visited this blog since last December. I must admit, it still feels like home though...



I look at the "about me" over there on the left hand side and some things have changed. I'm 30 now! (Gulp) I don't eat ice anymore because because I am a grown up : ) A woman has just been hired to coach in the NFL! Amazon Prime Day was a total let down. Charleigh keeps growing. She turned 3 1/2 last week. Greg keeps getting funnier, as do I... Ha! We'll be celebrating 6 years of marriage this fall. We got to visit New Orleans and Cleveland this year and will visit California and Missouri in late summer. Never stop adventuring!


Enough about me though, the real reason I stopped by today is to remember a friend. I never met this friend, but I knew a lot about her. Back when I was a regular blogger, I absolutely loved writing about my life and reading about others! I started reading Leslie's blog early on in 2009. http://www.blondeambitionblog.com/ 



She loved all things fashion and was pretty dang funny. I read about her marriage and the birth of her beautiful baby girls, Caroline and Ainsley, just like thousands of other did. I read about her family life and adventures. I read about her neighbors with the SUPER bright Christmas lights on 24/7 and laughed. I read that her heart wasn't working properly towards the beginning of the year. I read her last post on 7.17.15 about setbacks and surgical options, but those options didn't happen. Unexpectedly, Leslie passed away on Monday. It is tragic. I can't help but think of her little girls and my own Charleigh and what if it was me? Loved ones have set up a Go Fund Me page in her memory for the girl's college fund. Please help if you can. http://www.gofundme.com/d53bgd5p8s



She was a beautiful person inside and out. Her writing was charismatic and inviting. I'm sure her girls will know how much she loved them. Send good thoughts to her brave husband and her grieving family. Remember life is short. Hug your loved ones today.



Float on...

No comments:

Post a Comment